smell the fresh air, will ya

Posted by Ujieka in ,

ive always considered myself to be the happiest amidst concrete jungle, dancing traffic lights and throngs of streetwalkers. lost in the urgency of the moment where everyone is in a hurry to reach their destination, and every face is a hazy blur of a stranger. fast-paced spells efficient, and less time for dilly dallying on unnecessary things. ive always love Christchurch - it’s a big enough city where i spend many happy times giving in to my evil materialistic whim, and yet small enough for me to map out its quaint little cafes.



a few weeks ago, i received a sermon to temporarily leave this heaven of malls and sidewalk cafes for a few weeks. when no one in my group had volunteered to go to smaller hospitals for Paeds attachment, apparently, my lucky name had been drawn from the lucky hat. so here i am, a few weeks later, hours away from the city.

you know, i think i could love living in a less tampered area like this.. i am currently staying on the top floor of the hospital building – where i actually have a nice window view of a small garden and the waterfront of the beach is just minutes away. everything moves slower in a rural place like here – its almost like wearing a watch with a dying battery where each second ticks by a minute. its funny, back a few months ago, i was perpetually late for my morning ward rounds. over here, it took me a few days to realize that morning ward rounds dont start till half past eight… or just whenever the consultant decides to turn up. everything is more relaxed… its really no wonder when they say that life in a countryside is the best sanctuary!


(lousy webcam shot of the view from my window )

anyways, life here would have been more perfect if i have a cheap reliable internet connection. sad story of my current life is: i am quickly draining out my wallet and my piggybank just by fuelling up my internet addiction. forget Twilight, vodafone is the new bloodsucking vampires =(

This entry was posted on Friday, July 9 at Friday, July 09, 2010 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment